Live Together, Die Alone- Part 1 of 4

* Begin Scene *



* Fade into Demetrius Tate walking into Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s Office. *

Tate: Mr. Prime Minister.

Harper: Demetrius. You look tired.

* Demetrius shifted. Since passing the message about a deal being offered to B.@.D onto the girl from the B.@.Dcrew last month, he had been having trouble sleeping. *
Tate: I’m fine, sir. What did you want to see me about?

Harper: B.@.D contacted me. He is taking the deal. He is turning himself in.

* Demetrius shifted again, uncomfortably. *
Tate: … this is good news.

Harper: Why don’t you sound pleased to hear this, Demetrius?

Tate: I was just… hoping for a different end to this, sir.

Harper: … me too.

Tate: … are you SURE there isn’t another way to handle this situation, sir?

Harper: … trust me, Demetrius. If there we’re another way, I would be taking it. This is the only way I can keep Bush from invading again.

Tate: Sir… in your professional opinion… once they know where he is, would they not just,..

Harper: … I don’t know. They haven’t told me. But… *takes a deep breath* … but military intelligence has said that some U.S. troops have crossed the border into Toronto. I don’t think that’s coincidence. That’s where B.@.D is giving himself up. When I questioned Bush about it, he simply said that I am to go about my business with B.@.D’s trial without getting in their way.

* Demetrius said nothing, but stood there. *

Harper: I know what you’re thinking, Demetrius. And I can guarantee I don’t like it any more than you do. But there is no other way.

Tate: … I understand, sir.

* Harper nodded and took a breath. *
Harper: B.@.D is turning himself over in Toronto. I would like you to handle the arrest. Make sure everything goes smoothly. DO NOT get in the way of the team from the U.S.

Tate: Yes sir. If you’ll excuse me, sir.

* Demetrius turned and left the room. He paused outside the door, and took a deep breath. *

* Inside the office, Harper rubbed at his eyes. He, like Demetrius, wished there was another way. But there wasn’t. What had to be done, had to be done. *

* Fade out. *



MEANWHILE…



* Fade into The Candy Store. Mizzle and B-Rush enter, arguing. *

What don’t you understand, man? B.@.D said Rule 1 of The Candy Store is that everything we seize, we keep, and everything we keep, we use. I seized the Attack Helicopter in the last bust, so I’m using the Attack Helicopter.

How you figure YOU seized the Attack Helicopter?

I drew on O.s.H’s pilot, I made him stand down. And all the cash got rolled up in this Porsche, which, by the way, is also mine.

Hey, I stopped the Porsche.

Getting run over doesn’t count.

I still stopped it. And since the cash was in the Porsche, technically the whole terrorist bust is mine.

I spent 3 weeks cozying up undercover to O.s.H’s fanatics, who don’t even use soap!

I was right there with you the whole time! And actually, it was just a little deodorant issue.

So you’re saying that this is YOUR bust?

All I’m saying is that this little chopper pilot that you busted is like one of those orange-jumpsuit-extra guys at the end of a James Bond movie. I bagged the Goldfinger, all right? So if you wanna start putting DIBS on things, I at LEAST get the Porsche.

Then you know what, fine, I get the Attack Helicopter.

Can you even fly an Attack Helicopter?

I got lessons lined up, man. And, this new little home for the B.@.Dcrew, this is all right. Makes me feel better leaving a pregnant girlfriend at home knowing we are now grabbing some better equipment to make the world safer with.

I’m glad you like it.

I’m glad you guys talked me into staying.

That was everyone else. I was the one trying to talk you into leaving.

* Katastrophe enteres. *
Hey, boyos. B.@.D wants a meeting with everyone, then I’m taking the Porsche out for a spin. Anyone coming?

Oh, no no no no NO… the Porsche is mine.

Not this again… look, B.@.D said everything WE seize we keep, everything WE keep we use. Besides, Porsche’s make me purr. There is no way you are keeping me away from that sexy beast.
* She looks over at the fire red Porsche and licks her lips. *


* Stepping closer to Katastrophe. *
... you’re a lesbian, aren’t you.

* Katastrophe raises an eyebrow. *

Hey, it’s totally cool with me, I don’t care.
Totally all right over here too.

* OziStyle enters from the conference room. *
Guys! Come in! B.@.D’s ready to go!

* The 4 of them enter the office. B.@.D stands up from his chair and takes a deep breath. *

… what is it?

Guys, listen… when Katastrophe was in Montreal, she came into contact with a representative of Harper. They offered me a deal. If I turn myself in to the Canadian government, they’re going to turn me in to G.g.B and The United States to go stand trial, and the rest of you get to walk.

* Katastrophe nodded. The rest we’re silent. *

… you’re not going to…

I’m gonna take the deal.

* Everyone looked at him, shocked, then at each other. *

* Mizzle was the first to speak. *
… out of the question.

You are not turning yourself into G.g.B just so the rest of us can walk.

I have to. Between keeping you guys safe, and G.g.B claiming that we’re responsible for O.s.H, the world is demanding that I be caught. If I turn myself in, I have a chance to tell our side.

You really don’t think you’re going to get to tell your side of this, at least not so that anybody can hear it, do you?

Look… I’ve talked to Harper. He promised me that I would get to stand trial IN CANADA before they turned me over. This is my chance to tell the world our side of the story and expose G.g.B.

You’re not going to stand trial!

The only reason any of us are still alive is because they don’t know where we are! Look what O.s.H did to the B.@.Dcave! If they know where the Canadian government has you in custody, they’re going to kill you before it ever gets to any kind of trial!

Guys… we just need to have a little faith, OK?

B.@.D…

I’ll have a little faith if you get a little brain! You can’t…

Look… the bottom line is, me turning myself in keeps the rest of you safe, and if any of you had the chance to do the same thing, you would. I know you would. Now… IF something happens, IF I can’t convince the government about G.g.B and O.s.H being possessed and trying to end the world, then the rest of you are still here to take care of each other and do what you can about G.g.B and O.s.H. Mizzle is in charge.

* Everyone looked at Mizzle, his expression remained unchanged. *

This isn’t up for debate. This is a briefing, I’m not seeking your consent. I appreciate what you’re trying to do, but I’ve made my decision. I’m taking a bus to Toronto to turn myself in, I’m leaving today.

* B.@.D turned around to walk out, and Mizzle spoke for only the second time since B.@.D had made his announcement. *
Don’t do it, man.

* B.@.D stopped and turned around. *

Don’t do it. We’ll get the truth out some other way. We’ll fight this.

* B.@.D spoke directly to Mizzle. *
… I don’t want to. I don’t want to fight anymore.

* He turned around and walked out. *


* Fade out. *




* End Scene *

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWW thats sad... thats kinda exactly what we knew would happen cuz of the preview, but it was still good

Anonymous said...

so obviously the attack helicopter brush seized will be used somehow in this series... any guessses????

Anonymous said...

it will be used ina nuclear strike against wal-mart :D

Anonymous said...

obviously OZI being an undercover agent will become a factor in this too.. any guesses how?

Anonymous said...

GREAT start...... are the next 3 going up in the next 3 days?

Anonymous said...

i personally love the dynamics between bad and mizzle, and bad and kat... the two new characters just show support for their friend, no offense guys... just havent gotten that in-depth to you yet.

but for kat, she obviously has no problem challenging him and calling him a dumbass coutnless times over the last few stories... but you can obviously see she cares a lot about him.

for mizzle, you can see that he doesnt want bad to do it and is worried about him but says very little. he respects his decision until BAD is about to leave, then he makes a single plea while the others have made several. then he simply chooses to respect his decision.

it makes you wonder what the dynamics are in real life between these people.

maybe im overthinking this, but i think the dynamics are cool

Anonymous said...

where do we think the laurant/harper aspect of this is going???

Anonymous said...

getting run over doesnt coutn LOL

Anonymous said...

to long comment:
YES, you are overthinking... i still love the stories tho

Anonymous said...

GREAT!!!!

Anonymous said...

very cool :) cant wait for the rest

- n -

Anonymous said...

good...! cant wait until tomorrow

Anonymous said...

miz ISNT going to stand for it, he'll find a way to stop bad

Anonymous said...

OZI will have her people save bad maybe??