Deja View - Part 3

* BEGIN SCENE *



DECEMBER 24th, 2006 – JUST OVER LOS ANGELES

* Fade into the inside of the B.@.Dship. The entire B.@.Dcrew is on the bridge. *

… has anyone seen us?

… including, uh… us from the past, I guess?

Not yet. We’re using the cloud cover again. We’ll use it all the way down to the bunker.

At this point, Ekobruzzi’s ship is still outside the bunker, and myself and Mizzle from this time are still inside… the B.@.Dship from this time should just be getting jumped by O.s.H’s ship from this time right now…

This is pretty fucking confusing.


Almost over. Almost home.

What do you think P.c.P is gonna do about Architect?

… I don’t know.

And what do we do if his plan doesn’t work and they don’t turn the project over? All this will be for nothing… and how will we get Tate, Ekobruzzi, and Yochanan out of there…?

… I don’t know. We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess.

How do you trust him so much? He… DID lie a lot.

… I just do. He explained, and although it was… well, he might have caused some of this… but it sounds like he IS doing his best to fix it… and I mean… that Void… the end of the world… the fact that we’re back in the past to try to fix it… can anyone ELSE think of a way to…

There is no other way to do this.

… exactly. So… let’s take it to the limit one more time. For the last time.

* The crew nodded at him in agreement. They all stared at the viewscreen in silence for a few moments… *

None of these people… know… that their lives may be about to come to an end.

With any luck, they won’t.

It’s like P.c.P said… we don’t have any choice… we HAVE to…

* A console beeped, and Ozi-Style cut them off… *
Sorry guys… we’re approaching the bunker…

All right, let’s…

Uh… only one of us can go… the only entrance into the bunker where no one will see is small… the shaft will take some time to crawl through. If we’re still going to detonate those bombs, even without the nuke chips attached… there’s not going to be time to get more than one person back to the ship.

* The crew looked around for a moment… then they all looked at B.@.D... *
… wouldn’t have it any other way. This one’s on me. Are we in position?

… yeah.

The ship is in position… we’ll open the back and you can just climb down the shaft…

All right.

* He looked at everyone… they all looked back at him. He walked over and hugged B-Rush and Ozi-Style, then walked over to Katastrophe and did the same… *
… I’m not even going to say it. Anyone who can fake their death more than once a year doesn’t need luck.

* B.@.D smiled. *
Thanks. See you all soon.

* He walked to the back of the ship, with Mizzle following him. Mizzle opened the door, and B.@.D prepared to step out of the ship when Mizzle looked at him… *

... you ready for this?

I absolutely am not.

Glad to hear it.

* B.@.D was about to turn around… when he thought of something… he turned back around and faced Mizzle. *
Hey… when I come back out of there… I might not… come back into the Void with you… I have one last thing I’ll need to do…

… what?

I’ll be fine and I’ll meet up with you in a few days when they send you all back. Don’t tell the others… just… if you’ve ever trusted me before… trust me now.

* Mizzle smiled. *
And if I never have?

* B.@.D smiled mischeviously back.*
Then start.

* And with that, B.@.D stepped out of the shift and onto the ledge of the bunker before opening the shaft and climbing down. Mizzle watched him disappear into it and took a breath.

Fade out. *




THE VOID

* Fade into the control room. P.c.P and The Architect are standing there alone. *

ARCHITECT: You are playing a VERY dangerous game, P.c.P.

Change always is.

ARCHITECT: And so you let a demon escape into the past… why?

Because I know how to stop him.

ARCHITECT: The B.@.Dcrew has already gone back in time once. They cannot follow him and come back… not for 2 years. No human could survive both going back and the return trip for that amount of time.

I said I know how to stop him. Really Architect, what’s your alternative? The Committee is going to see a time paradox… and my plan is the only way to fix it.

* Architect simply stared at him and shook his head… P.c.P looked him right in the eye. *

… you we’re put into a situation un-prepared. The committee did not research this decision to terminate Earth. If you return to them now and give them your recommendation, I will support you and they will put you on another project and return this one to me. I will tell them that O.s.H escaped on his own and that you we’re the one with the idea of how to solve it… this can all happen WITHOUT any discipline to you… but… if they see this paradox and you have no way to explain it…

* Architect stood for a moment, then turned to P.c.P… *
ARCHITECT: … what is your plan…?

* P.c.P smiled.

Fade out. *



LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

* Fade into the inside of the control room inside the bunker. B.@.D is hidden behind a wall.

He looked over as G.g.B interacted with the Mizzle and B-Rush from the past through the blast doors…

… so it really was true. The G.g.B from after the world ended had come back to make sure that it happened again.

But it wouldn’t happen again. Not this time.

He heard the voices of B-Rush and Mizzle, from the past, through the blast doors. *
… so… if you’re up there… how can you be down here?

* G.g.B returned the Mizzle from the past’s stare. *
What’s happening here is beyond your comprehension.

* The Mizzle from the past continued to look at G.g.B. *
Try me.

As much as I would enjoy talking above your level of understanding, Mizzle, I believe I have a countdown to restart. I believe I have a world to end… again.

… again?

* G.g.B smiled one last smile at Mizzle as he walked out of the field of view of the blast door window, off to where the controls we’re located in the room. *

Goodbye, Mizzle.

* B.@.D watched as G.g.B stepped out of the view of the blast doors. He saw the old Mizzle trying to get see through the doors after G.g.B, but he eventually gave up.

… he waited until G.g.B had punched in the controls. His first instinct was to try to stop him, but he remembered that he had to let everything happen exactly as it had before. He heard the computer confirm that the countdown had been restarted.

He heard footsteps outside the door, and knew that the Mizzle and B-Rush from the past had left with Ekobruzzi’s ship to go after G.g.B from the past’s ship.

B.@.D stepped out from behind the wall.

G.g.B spun around and his eyes went wide as he saw B.@.D... *


… you’re alive…

* B.@.D said nothing. *

… what exactly is it that you want, B.@.D...?

* B.@.D stared at him. *
… it ends tonight.

* G.g.B stared back. *
Yes, it does. And I really should thank you for it. After all, it was your life that taught me the purpose of all life… the purpose of life is to end. See… in the Void, it wasn’t me who was in charge. But here on Earth… well, the scales are tipped back my way. I run this planet. I always have. And still do. I am the “architect” here. Only someone like me could bring it to an end. So I’m gonna spell out your present options.

* B.@.D continued to stare at G.g.B… *
Either… you can let me finish this the way it’s supposed to happen and come back to the Void with me, and you can live in a cell for the rest of your life or whatever the hell it is that the Architect wants to do with you…

* B.@.D smiled, already having made his decision. G.g.B saw this and shot him back a look of final warning… *

… or they’re gonna find your bones slumped against the shell of a detonated nuke, ‘cause it’s been a LONNNNNG time comin’, B.@.D...

* B.@.D walked right up to G.g.B. *
… whenever you’re done yakking.

* G.g.B smiled a terrifying smile at B.@.D...

… and lunged at him.

Fade out. *




THE VOID

* Fade into P.c.P staring at Arhcitect… *

ARCHITECT: … was this your plan all along?

No. But when more escaped the end than I had planned, the idea came to me.

ARCHITECT: Why should I go along with this?

Again… what choice do you have?

* Architect stared… *
ARCHITECT: What do we tell the B.@.Dcrew?

Let them finish what they have to do. Then… there’s no reason to tell them anything. When we send them back, then the three of them will still be there. Just a couple years older than they would have been.

ARCHITECT: Have you asked the three of them if they are willing to do this?

Not yet. But I will.

ARCHITECT: And how can I be sure this goes down right? If I am going with this plan to avoid explaining a paradox to the committee, what happens if something goes wrong? Then I’ll have a lot more than one more to explain.

You can be sure, because I am going as well. I will make sure everything goes down exactly the way it has to for this to work.

* Architect continued to stare at P.c.P… *
ARCHITECT: … very well. Make it so.

* Fade out. *



LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

* Fade into the midst of the fight. G.g.B wrestled B.@.D to the ground against one of the nuclear bombs… he got on top of him and began to choke… *
… it was inevitable, B.@.D...

* B.@.D, with one last ounce of strength, pushed G.g.B up and threw him off. G.g.B landed against one of the bombs headfirst. B.@.D rushed over, took some handcuffs out of his pockets, and handcuffed G.g.B to it.

G.g.B thrashed and struggled against the handcuffs but could not get free. B.@.D stood up, and looked down at him…

G.g.B outstretched his hand as if he we’re about to throw his demonic green energy at B.@.D... but nothing happened.

B.@.D smiled. *

Out of gas?

… I don’t understand…!!!

Think about it. Who gave you that power?

… The Architect…

… so that you could do what?

… bring about the end of the world…

… which you did. You may have come back but when the world ended, he took away that power from you so you would be no threat to him. He never gave it back to you because all he needed you to come back and do was to push a button.

* G.g.B’s face darkened with anger… *
NnnnnnnnnnOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

* B.@.D smiled and walked over to the control panel.

He tapped the console several times, and a computer voice confirmed the command he had inputted. *


COMPUTER: Nuclear components de-activated. Regular bomb detonation still on schedule for 2 minute countdown.

* B.@.D ran over to the grate. G.g.B shouted after him. *
WE ARE NOT FINISHED!!!

* B.@.D looked back at him and smiled… *
Oh, I think we are. I don’t think anyone’s bringing you back this time.

* With that, B.@.D turned exited the control room into the grate in which he entered. Once inside, he raced through to try to beat the imminent explosion which would destroy the entire bunker.

Fade out. *



* END SCENE *

No comments: