A Time To Rebuild

* Begin Scene *


* OziStyle sighed as she listened to the other end of the conversation in her flat in Sydney, Australia. *

Captain Bret: … and security risks aside, it smacks of sheer recklessness!

* OziStyle was not surprised about her superiors’ reactions about her request to transfer to Canada permanently. *

Captain Bret: Really, OziStyle, I think you ought to think this through. You’re easily one of our best independent operatives, and this isn’t something you can expect to simply do without…

* Now they we’re starting to repeat themselves. OziStyle restated her intentions. *
YOU we’re the ones who sent me to Canada, remember? YOU we’re the ones who sent me to B.a.D.

Captain Elias: You we’re sent to the B.a.Dcave to gain intel on B.a.D and his crew. Now the B.a.Dcave has been destroyed, which means your mission is over. And in the 3 months you we’re there, you failed to turn up anything.

B.a.D seems to be clean. And just because the B.a.Dcave is destroyed does not mean the B.a.Dcrew is done.

Captain Bret: What about what you told us about the B.a.Dcrew splitting up?

* OziStyle tensed up. Even though she had only been at the B.a.Dcave a short time, the crew breaking apart had, and still did, affect her in a way she had not been prepared for. *
… I didn’t say it was permanent. We’ll pull back together.

Captain Elias: “We”? You’re talking about yourself like you’re an actual part of this “B.a.Dcrew” now.

* OziStyle said nothing, she simply stared at Elias. When Bret spoke, it broke the tension. *

Captain Bret: And in regards to B.a.D and his crew being clean, you’re absolutely sure you’re not just seeing what you WANT to see?

The way that the U.S. and everyone else makes them look does not mean that’s how it is. That’s why you sent me, to find out for sure. Now I’ve done that, and you’re telling me you don’t accept my answer?

Captain Elias: Has B.a.D found out you’re a government operative?

No. You told me not to tell him, and I haven’t.

Commander Shalib: I’m sorry, OziStyle. This isn’t open to discussion. You’re too valuable to us, especially now.

* OziStyle narrowed her eyes, thinking that there probably hadn’t been a time in her entire career as a field operative when her superiors would NOT have said “especially now”. It was time to play her hand. *

Then I tender my resignation from the Australian Secret Service, effective immediately.

* They all stared at her, Shalib forcing a smile. *
Commander Shalib: … that’s a joke, right?

Try me.
* She smiled. *
I realize this puts all of you in an awkward position, but let’s not forget, this is MY life we’re discussing. I’ve made my decision. If you don’t like it, I’ll take my retirement instead, and go through with my plans as a civilian.

* They all continued to stare at her. *
Captain Elias: Would you excuse us a moment, Ozi?

Take your time.

* They left the room and OziStyle sat, knowing already what the outcome would be, that she had gotten what she had wanted. When they came back in, she smiled a polite smile back at them. *

Commander Shalib: OziStyle, your request is approved. But you must continue to report back to us, and there is one condition. B.a.D cannot know you’re an operative.

I have no problem with that, but I have a condition of my own.

Captain Bret: And that would be?

Well, now that I’m a permanent member of the B.a.Dcrew, I’m going to need some help with some accommodations now that the B.a.Dcave has been destroyed…

* Her 3 superiors whispered a moment, then turned back to her. *

Commander Shalib: … well, we only have one base in Canada. And lucky for you, it’s not in use right now. How would you like to re-open the Candy Store?

* OziStyle’s eyes widened. And she smiled. *


* End Scene *

13 comments:

Mary and Craig said...

he he he... who saw that coming??

Anonymous said...

not me!

nice twist

Anonymous said...

so who is left....

brush and katastrophe??

Anonymous said...

so shes a spy..... but not a bad guy.

Anonymous said...

still, wouldnt BAD be pissed if he knew that??

Anonymous said...

the candy store... cool name.

Anonymous said...

good story!!!! cant wait to see where these are going, obviously they have a place to go back to now... but it will never be as easy as that, there will be a twist

Anonymous said...

they still have GGB and OSH, and something will come up in one of the other twos stories

good twist!!!

Anonymous said...

GP bad, good story

Anonymous said...

awesome...... that means ozi can call in the cavalry someday when theyre all in trouble

Anonymous said...

then shed have to admit she was working for them.........

Anonymous said...

this was our first glimpse into ozistyles real personality... shes kind of a hardass, i likes it

Anonymous said...

good one!