Deja View - Part 1

* BEGIN SCENE *




THE VOID

* Fade into the inside of B.@.D’s cell. He is simply standing there, staring at P.c.P from outside of the cell. *

Where are we?

The Void.

… are my friends alive?

For now.

So… this is it, is it? This was what you wanted?

Not… exactly. You think I’m responsible for this?

Best I can tell, the only one more responsible for this is me for actually letting you lead me around because of a feeling I had.

Your feeling wasn’t entirely wrong.

* B.@.D stared straight ahead at the figure and asked him what he had wanted to ask since his first “experience” where this man appeared to him in a vision. *
ARE you actually P.c.P?

* The figure stared back. *
… yes. The same one you knew.

So we’re you ever with us? Or was this what you wanted all along?

The time has come for me to answer all your questions, B.@.D. I need to start from the beginning. I need to tell you who I really am.

And that is?

My name is Edmund Ventura. Formerly in charge of the Earth Project.

The… Earth Project?

Yes. Earth is a project, like all planets.

… whose project?

From us. My kind. We are the keepers of all planets.

Bullshit.

Denial is the most predictable of all human emotions. But what other explanation can you offer about where you are? About what you have seen? How else did I make that entire bar of people stop and start staring at you? How else could I have been dead and buried, only to be standing before you now?

* B.@.D shook his head… *
I…

It’s true, B.@.D. At the beginning, when this project was under my jurisdiction, I saw great hope for this race. And I passed that onto my leaders. It was I who marked your crew with those colors so that I could show you all as an example of what Earth’s citizens are like as justification as to why the project was a success. That is why the B.@.Dcrew is all colored while the others… your friends Tate and Ekobruzzi for example… are not. I joined you because I believed you possessed the finest qualities of the human race. But understand I couldn’t tell you who I really was. I wanted to help you make the world become a better place. When you killed G.g.B in the Wal-Mart operation in Arkensas, the world was to have ushered in a new era of peace.

… well what the HELL happened?

People above me thought differently, and I was no longer in charge of the project.

Who was?

A man called Architect.

… so whoever that was brought this on? But how…

It was he who re-animated G.g.B, and gave him the power he currently possesses. I told Architect and my leaders that I would not stand by and watch this happen to your race. I planned to work beside the B.@.Dcrew to help however I could. So they had G.g.B make Yochanan kill my human form so that I would no longer be able to really exist on Earth.

So what happened to you?

I could only exist here. I could only watch Architect play out his plan. But there we’re little things I could do to try to prevent it without him knowing.

Like?

Like O.s.H.

… YOU re-animated O.s.H after he died?

… yes. I re-animated him and marked him orange.

Why?!?!?! All the pain and suffering he caused…

It was a means to an end. I used O.s.H to try to end G.g.B. I had planned to eliminate O.s.H after he had completed that task. I didn’t think you could do it on your own. I gave him the same power G.g.B had… but it wasn’t enough.

Why did he capture Yochanan?

O.s.H was… difficult to control. He captured Yochanan looking for me. He needed instructions, but he was impatient. I did not give him instructions for the final plan until I knew it was the last resort. Yochanan had returned to my “grave” looking for me to atone for “killing” me, and O.s.H thought that Yochanan would know where I was when he found him there. But Yochanan knew nothing. And just as he did when he came face to face with G.g.B, Yochanan went mad when he came face to face with O.s.H.

* B.@.D was silent… *

O.s.H couldn’t bring G.g.B down as he was his equal. But I soon ran out of time and had to come up with an emergency plan… THIS emergency plan.

THIS was your emergency plan?

… to fully explain, I need to bring your friends together. But there is not much time. Architect has probably only just discovered what I have done, and he will be looking for me. Will you come with me to your friends?

* B.@.D stared at P.c.P. *
… how do I know I can trust you?

* P.c.P simply laughed and gestured around him. *
What choice do you have at this point? But everything I have told you has been the truth.

So tell me one thing, and make it the truth too. IS there still a chance to bring the Earth back?

… yes. IF we hurry.

* B.@.D sighed. He could not believe this. *
… let’s do it.

* P.c.P smiled and touched a control on a side panel. The door slid open, and B.@.D stepped out into the hallway. P.c.P smiled at him and led him down the corridor.

Fade out. *




* Fade into the inside of the cell where the rest of The B.@.Dcrew is. They are all inside, talking. *

… but it doesn’t make sense. None of this does. There’s too many unknown answers.

I know, but maybe…

* They all paused as the door slid open…

… and B.@.D walked through…

They all stared at him incredulously. B-Rush was the first to walk up to him and shake his hand, smiling. *

… you know, you look pretty good. For a dead guy.

Reports we’re exaggerated. But not by much.

* Katastrophe walked up to him and hugged him. *

… when you weren’t with us after we went into The Void, I thought maybe…

I know. Don’t worry. I’m good.

* Ozi-Style walked up to him and hugged him as well. *

How did you get in??? What is going on???

I’ll explain in…

* He paused as he turned around and saw Mizzle, who simply stared at him…

B.@.D stared back. *


… so, I hand you control of the crew for a few months and the planet is destroyed?

Hey, if you lend someone a tissue you can’t be disappointed if they blow their nose with it.

* B.@.D laughed. *

Touche.

* He stuck out his hand and Mizzle shook it. *

Kat and Ozi told us you we’re alive.

Good to see you too.

This is like a jigsaw puzzle put together by a gaggle of drunken silverback apes. Where do we start trying to figure this out?

Well, I think…

* They all turned around…*

You’ve gotta be…
Son of a…

* …as P.c.P entered the cell.

Everyone in the room besides B.@.D looked at him in complete shock.

P.c.P simply smiled. *


My friends. It’s good to see you again.

* B.@.D realized that only he had seen P.c.P in visions. And he had not shared those with anyone else. Ozi-Style and B-Rush had never even met him at all, only knew of him from stories and pictures. *

Uhhh…
Can we assume…

* P.c.P walked up to shake their hands. *
Yes. I am P.c.P. Nice to finally meet you two. I’ve been watching you.

* Mizzle and Katastrophe moved towards P.c.P. *
… you’re ALIVE?!?!?!
Nice to see you, fruit cup. Care to explain what the FUCK?

* P.c.P looked over at Mizzle and Katastrophe. *

… gladly.

* Fade out. *



* Fade into the inside of the cell with P.c.P and The B.@.Dcrew inside.

P.c.P is inside, having just explained to everyone else what he already explained to B.@.D. *

… and when I learned of Architect’s final plan that he wanted G.g.B to execute, I realized that he would need to “play time”, or you would have been able to stop him.

“Play time”?

Simply put, he needed G.g.B to go back in time after the world had ended to help himself. He needed to go back and re-start bombs that your friends had stopped.

* Mizzle and B-Rush glanced at each other. *
… that’s it. That’s where the other G.g.B came from. The one on the ground in the silo. The one who re-activated the bombs.

* Katastrophe shook her head… *
I don’t…

If he we’re not able to go back and re-start the bombs, then the Earth would never be destroyed because G.g.B would never be able to go back in time to turn them back on.

* OziStyle turned to Katastrophe. *
… so that was why Ekobruzzi asked us if G.g.B was on that ship right before O.s.H attacked us! They had seen another one on the ground! THAT was the one from the future!

* Mizzle nodded. *
… we had Ekobruzzi call you to ask what the hell was going on… so let me get this straight. This “Architect” still has to send G.g.B BACK into the past to re-start those bombs…

So that’s why O.s.H didn’t want G.g.B to enter The Void… because YOU didn’t want him in… because…

… because if G.g.B didn’t make it into the Void, then Architect couldn’t send him back to re-start the bombs. Which means the Earth never would have been destroyed in the first place…

* P.c.P stared at them all. *
… that’s right. You understand.

* B.@.D stared at P.c.P. *
… but G.g.B DID make it in.

… true. But all is not lost.

And how is that?

Because you made it in too.

… but how..

O.s.H was different in G.g.B only in the way that I programmed him to NOT destroy The B.@.Dcrew... Architect programmed G.g.B to destroy the B.@.Dcrew at all costs. I programmed O.s.H to CAPTURE B.@.D and the B.@.Dcrew so that they could bring you in if indeed we we’re not able to stop G.g.B. Call it a last resort.

… so that’s why he didn’t kill me when he captured me. Why he didn’t kill Katastrophe and Ozi-Style when he captured them near the end.

But he didn’t capture me or Mizzle…

There was not enough time to ambush both the B.@.Dship and your friend Ekobruzzi’s Phoenix ship once you attacked G.g.B’s ship. But we are… YOU ARE… incredibly fortunate that you survived as well.

So how does us being alive make a difference? They did see the other G.g.B… the world has been destroyed.

We still have a chance to change it. You can go back in time after G.g.B. All of you.

* They all looked at each other… *
… how…

We need to save the Earth WITHOUT changing the timeline. We still need those ships to enter the Void to complete the cycle, while the Earth STILL moves along afterwards.

How do we do that?

If you can get to G.g.B AFTER Mizzle and B-Rush confront him in the silo, AFTER he re-starts the bombs, then Mizzle and B-Rush will still take the ship up and both G.g.B’s ship and the B.@.Dship will still enter the Void.

… so the bombs still need to explode… but no nukes… so…

… so you need to de-activate the nuclear chips in the bombs… AFTER G.g.B re-starts the countdown. And you need to kill G.g.B.

* They all stood in silence for a few moments. *

* To P.c.P. *

… can we do this?

I won’t lie that this is a last resort plan. But it IS all we have, and I’m sorry that it came to this.

So what’s stopping this from happening again? From Architect from getting another demon and trying to destroy Earth again?

If we can make it past this threat, I can use this example as justification as to why your race should be allowed to continue to prosper. I should get control of this project back.

… what about Tate? And Ekobruzzi?

… and Yochanan…

… I do not know. Tate, Ekobruzzi and Yochanan should be allowed to return to your world once your mission is complete. I did not expect anyone to make it in besides you.

… we could use their help…

* P.c.P shook his head. *
I cannot risk freeing another group of people from their cells or someone will notice and then our job becomes harder.

And O.s.H?

… O.s.H cannot be allowed to continue to wreak havoc. He will not be returned to your world. I brought him back from the dead. This was my responsibility. He could not complete what I needed him to do, but at least he managed to pull off my last resort plan to rescue all of you. But he still must be terminated.

* The entire crew remained silent… until B.@.D spoke. *
What about the original B.@.Dcave...?

...

What you showed me... when I was shot... the original B.@.Dcave... it was destroyed… by 3 figures in hoods and robes…

* The entire B.@.Dcrew stared at him, this being the first time they had heard this vision that P.c.P had shown B.@.D...

P.c.P simply stared back at B.@.D... *

… I’m sorry, I don’t have the answer to that right now.

Does that have anything to do with this…?

I honestly don’t know.

* The crew was silent again, in thought… this time Mizzle was the one to break the silence. *

We can figure that out when the time comes, I guess… what about “Architect”? What’s this guy going to do once he finds out what you’ve done?

… I can handle Architect.

* They all paused again, and there was silence. *

* To everyone. *
… do we have a choice here?

* No one said anything. *
All right. One more time guys. For the last time.

* The B.@.Dcrew all nodded agreement towards their leader. *
… let’s do it.

* Fade out. *



* END SCENE *

No comments: