Hello Gold

"Where is everyone else?"
This was asked in the comments. Let me tell you something, if I can wake up on a given day and know that I'm supposed to do things with people that day, but have no idea who these people are or what the activities are supposed to be, there is no way I'm going to keep track of other people. Plus, we do this for fun, so just... take it easy. Mmmmmmmmmmmkay?


So last night, myself and Rich finally gave into Dan's demands for the last 6 months and tried playing World Of Warcraft.

It was actually pretty cool, and lived up to quite a bit of the hype as the world's most popular video game currently. We started playing around 3, and when my stomach suggested it was time to eat something, me and Dan strolled upstairs and I immediately wondered why it was already dark out. Turns out it was like 10 PM already. Zuh?

So, final judgement? It's great. Wicked. But I won't get it, just because it's so good that it's wicked easy to lose track of time. It's MAD addicting. And I'm not blessed with a lot of time as it is so I know I'd get myself in trouble if I got it.

Plus, a lot of the people in there are really hardcore and have their own language and can actually be kind of irritating when you talk to them. Maybe what's MORE irritating is that I'm worried I'll BECOME one of them if I keep playing this.

One guy who was on our team for a mission got mad at me because I made my dude dance in the middle of said mission. He typed to me to "be serious". Dude, I'm a priest killing some wierd ugly crawly things who look like they're the product of gnomish rape in the middle of a mine along with a drarf, a tiger, and a wizard. How serious do you expect me to be?

It was funny, I told my Mom I was going to try playing World Of Warcraft and she thought I was joining a cult. Turns out she may have been more right than she realized. Lots of fun to try it out, though.


Do NOT do Yoga, at least not at Yoga Dot Calm (although I do love the name...) unless you happen to fancy middle-aged hippies telling you to relax your buttocks while they show you exactly the right way to bend over after talking about how the universe is in harmony for 15 minutes.


So tomorrow I start working for the second company I've ever worked for in my life. I suppose I should be nervous, but really, F that. I've had some time to work up to this, and I'm really looking forward to it and am actually not nervous at all. I'm going to have fun, be myself, and see how it goes.

Up at 6, hit my workout gym for a couple hours with Mizzle, shower, get ready, then head down to the employment gym. Hopefully my workout gym and my employment gym will be the same gym once I shake loose exactly whether or not I'm allowed to work out there or not, then I will only go back to workout gym when mine, Mizzle's and the universe's schedule allows us to do our little tandem workouts, which rock the casbah.


Tonight I'm not doing anything cool, just winding down and getting ready for tomorrow. Some people have said that the Oscars are on, but really, award shows? Meh. Never really enjoyed all those people pretending to be happy and grateful for anything other than their paydays. MAYBE if Jon Stewart we're hosting again this year I could be bothered to flip back and forth for his jokes, but Ellen Degeneres? Oy. She makes me want to eat a grenade. She's one of those people who you pretend is funny but isn't. I say follow up a Jon Stewart year with a Stephen Colbert year, and you MIGHT be able to save this Hollywood mess. And if Stephen Colbert can't save it, no one can.


So I'm going to spend my last night before my new employment watching The Departed instead. Friends all over have told me to see this and that it's good, so we'll see.

Stay Frosty & God bless,
B.a.D


Song For Today:
Black Lab- Mine Again

Quote For Today:
"Some people say they're the product of their environment. I always say, I want my environment to be a product of me."
- Jack Nicholson line from The Departed

4 comments:

Mary and Craig said...

Hey guys... i'm still here, but not finding enough time to drag myself away from work - busy and that's great for me!

In the middle of also planning two vacations (sigh) and catching up with lot's of friends here there and everywhere!

Can't wait till next installment is unveiled...

Anonymous said...

(sigh) two vacations?

who SIGHS at 2 vacations?
:D

Anonymous said...

GP BADman!

Anonymous said...

bad good luck at whatever GOLD is!!!!