Adressing the B.a.Dnation

PART UNO: Is it really copying if the world knows its copying?

Hey, yo.

OH crap, that’s Scott Hall’s catchphrase. Someone’s going to criticize me! D’oh! … SHIT!!! D’oh! is Homer Simpson!!! That’s twice and I’m not even a paragraph in!!!

For those of you who have stuck by me on the comment board, my sincere thanks. Your support is appreciated during this time of… idiocy, I guess we’ll call it?

As far as I can tell, there’s only one guy on the comment board who thinks he’s clever for pointing out something that I’ve been pointing out for almost 3 years now. Maybe 2 people, but I doubt it.

Everybody’s comments seem to echo my own, and since there’s only one guy, I don’t feel the need to defend myself too much.

The B.a.Dsaga is 100% mine, since you asked. Of course, scenarios and scenes may be borrowed from various things. In the Descent series, the car chase had 1 or 2 lines from… Bad Boys II, I think it was. The idea to leave the dogtags behind for Yochanan to find after the chase was an offshoot of Dukat finding Sisko’s baseball when he took over the space station on DS9 as a sign Sisko was coming back. I’m sure I’ve borrowed some jokes off Simpsons or Family Guy or Futurama. Who knows? Who cares?

But what if you don’t believe me?

Then I’ll go out to the club tonight and live life the same as if you did believe me.

The bottom line. If you don’t like it, why are you reading the site? Is it because you think I’ll care if you don’t? Clearly not that many people agree with you. I wouldn’t even care if they did. And the reason is, IF I’VE ALREADY POINTED IT OUT, several times over the years, then WHY do you suppose it’s not shocking anyone?

Which leads me to…



PART DUEX: The Comment Board

Mizzle stopped writing in some part to the irritating comments that are sometimes left. I remember when OziStyle was harassed by a writer, about her personal life no less. I myself don’t read comments on a regular basis. But sometimes, like last post, something is brought to my attention that irritates me.

But this site gets 200-250 hits a day. We are still one of the most 100 reads sites on Blogger. There’s an average of, I’d say, 20 comments a post. So 10%, maximum, leave comments.

Now, I’ll just say this right off the bat. We like you guys, really we do. And “GP” or a compliment means a lot. However, I myself feel that it’s not really necessary, and because it’s not appreciated, just because the fact that you’re COMING to the site and making us popular is enough.

So eliminating the comment board has been something that I’ve been considering. Thing is, if you guys know that we appreciate you reading and you realize you DON’T have to put “GP” on the site anymore (again, not that we don’t appreciate it), then it seems like eliminating the comment board would be a step forward. Because THEN the chumpstains who occasionally comment there won’t be able to ruin it for myself or the others.

So I haven’t decided what I’m going to do yet. Let me know what you guys think, HONESTLY think about this. I’m not saying that’s going to dictate my decision, but it would be good to hear some feedback. From the other writers on staff here, too… let’s hear what you guys think about taking out the comment board.



PART TRES: The B.a.Dsaga

So since there’s been speculation, and a lot of people have asked, here’s what’s left for the B.a.Dsaga.

First of all, we’ve got three mini-parts left. Myself and Mizzle’s are done, so that means the next one up is OziStyle, then B-Rush, then Katastrophe. OziStyle’s will be coming up sometime this week.

Then I’ve got a 4-parter ready to go for the end of this 8th season, likely in late April or early May. It’s shaping up to be one of the best so far, with lots of twists and surprises.

At some point during season break, a one-part short.

Then at the beginning of the 9th season in September, another 4-parter, which will lead us directly into…

THE END of The B.a.Dsaga, which will be at the end of the 9th season, probably around the end of December.

I have basic outlines of plots for all these stories, although most of them haven’t been written yet. I’m JUST starting on the one for the end of this season, and the reason they’re all so spaced out is because the stories get MAYBE an hour per month. But that’s plenty of time to get them all done, and the B.a.Dsaga will be finished, completed, done, around the end of the 9th season, the end of this year.

This leads us to…



PART QUATROS: The Future For B.a.D LiveJournal

Here’s the thing. This site has gone through what I think are several stages.

- I started it as a way to keep in touch with friends I never saw when I had ZERO time, with friends and work.
- It evolved into something that people passed on to each other. It started getting more popular. Staples like “Ask B.a.D” we’re made.
- The introduction of Mizzle and the B.a.Dsaga became pretty much the highlights of the site.
- More writers we’re introduced, the B.a.Dsaga continued.

So basically… the essence of the site has changed a few times. With the B.a.Dsaga ending, I’m not sure there’s going to be much interesting. I think what has KEPT the site fresh and popular is that things have changed up a few times. With the B.a.Dsaga ending, I can’t think of anything else to do. And I can’t drag that out anymore, especially not with such a great way in my mind to end it all.

So I’m thinking of closing this thing down at the end of the year when the B.a.Dsaga is finished.

Not that I don’t still enjoy it. I’m just… thinking out loud here. Is it time to move on if I have no direction? Isn’t that better than dragging it out to the point where no one reads it?

Nothing definite. Just throwing it out there. Closing it down before it gets stale. Which is what I think I might do if a new direction doesn’t come up.



So think about it. Give me thoughts. Lots of them. On the comment board. On the B.a.Dsaga plans. On anything site-related. Again, I’m not saying I’ll do whatever is popular, but it’d be nice to know what you guys think.

Oh, hey, check out the new banner! That was fan/friend-submitted, believe it or not. I think she did a great job. I think that might be the new permanent banner.

As for me, I’m on my way out to the club tonight. And for the first time since Mexico, I am feeling thirsty.

B.a.D

51 comments:

Anonymous said...

GP!
hahahaha just kidding...

COMMENT BOARD:
lose it

FUTURE:
keep it going... find something else to do!!! even if it were just posts, i would still read

Anonymous said...

COMMENTS:
dont let a few bad apples ruin it for you guys, i woudl miss it. i would still read if it were gone, but... i say keep it

Anonymous said...

bad if u want to end the site because u think its best, then i think i speak for everyone when i say that would be the best thing

if u dont want to be doing it, then it wont be as good anyways

Anonymous said...

i agree with comment 2, dont let a few bad apples ruin it for you guys.

i say just get rid of it tho, that would solve the problem

Anonymous said...

BADDDDDDDDDDDDd dont end the site....!

Anonymous said...

if u lose the comment board will u keep the site going?

Anonymous said...

no i think hes saying those are 2 separte issues

Anonymous said...

bad if u do decide to end it, u had a GREAT run, and i think its cool that u want to end it before it gets stale

u hadnt planned on having it go this long anyways, ahd u?

Anonymous said...

i think u shoudl keep it going but get rid of the comments

i dont see why people comment unless they have something specific to say

Anonymous said...

lose the comment board and end the site in dec... i cant wait 2 read the stories but then it will end on a high note

Anonymous said...

LOVE the site bad... never comented before but i love the site and hope u keep going with it, despite whatever u decide to go with the comment board

Anonymous said...

i think it IS the badsaga that makes this site, not that the rest isnt good, but thats easily the best

Anonymous said...

that banner IS pretty sweet

Anonymous said...

BAD u cant close down the site after u get a new banner!!!

:D

Anonymous said...

B.A.D. Don't close the comment board! It gives everyone a chance to have an opinion, popular or not. Isn't that sort of what the sites about too? Everyone interacting? Just reading about you, with no chance to respond or comment wouldn't be as good.

Anonymous said...

i would like to see the site continue, but take a different direction somehow, like u how did when u introduced the new writers and the badsaga... something new nad different

Anonymous said...

BAD ur the man, whatever u decide to do will be best, i will miss the LJ tho!!

isnt there somethin else u could do?

Anonymous said...

dont shut it down bad, the site or the comment board

seriously, just dont listen to people when they mouth off

Anonymous said...

bad PLEASE dont shut down the site!!!!!

Anonymous said...

is there a way u could ban certain commenters?!?

Anonymous said...

only if they were registered

Anonymous said...

bad the site is awesome, u CANT close it with all these people wanting u to write, so stop playin

Anonymous said...

BAD i hope u dont shut it down

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should shut it down unless you really think you should. Because you won't really be into it if you don't want to do it.

Anonymous said...

do not shut it down bad...... find something else to throw on here

Anonymous said...

site: keep it
comments: lose em

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO u cant shut the site down bad

Anonymous said...

sure he can

:D

do it if ya wnat to bad, well miss it tho buddy

Anonymous said...

BAD dont let the ramblings of 1 or 2 people get to u, seriously.... YOU said it, that given you get a couple hundred hits a day, they're a piss in the ocean

Anonymous said...

i love the banner!!!

bad ur the man, whatever u wanna do

Anonymous said...

i know the REAL bad and what a badass he is, so ill get entertained even if he does hsut it down

nyah nyah nhya nhya
;)

-n-

Anonymous said...

maybe just save some time and post the links to the sites you steal stuff from in the future, that wud save u a lot of time eh

Anonymous said...

ditch comments

Anonymous said...

lol
people need to read more carefully

"This site is supposed to be for fun, if you think I'm going to go so far as to RESEARCH where I get jokes, you have overestimated my passion for this site."

Anonymous said...

the girls on this journal are not very attractive. im a bit disappointed. i thought ozistyle and kat might have been better

Anonymous said...

thats just fucking mean

Anonymous said...

BAD ive been reading the site since the beginning, and in my opinion its as good now as its ever been because its the mix of the BADSAGA (my fave), the other writers, hearing about your lives, and the humor

Anonymous said...

because this is a popular site, u assumed the girls would be models?

i think they're both cute

Anonymous said...

i bet u think the girls that write the newspaper are smokin cuz they write good articles

Anonymous said...

do u ever stop to think about how that might make those girls feel?

B-Rush said...

Above ^ dude - c'mon - you KNOW that's the type of comment that will have the comment board shut down right?

Don't like em? hey - can't really punish you for THAT, but it's insulting - keep your goddamn mouth shut - and keep your opinions to yourself.

Anonymous said...

no shit

amen brush

Anonymous said...

go back to HOTORNOT.com and resume your regularly scheduled activities, ya dunce

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha yea

Anonymous said...

whens he going to put the story this week that he promised?

Anonymous said...

hahhahahaha bad i hope u keep it going on

Anonymous said...

If you are going to let little comments like that shut down the site, then you as weak as! These comments make it worth reading! If all the comments were nice and happy then this site would be boring! I love reading the comments so if you got rid of them then I wouldnt really be interested in reading it.

Its peoples honest opinion, we have to respect it, it may not be nice, but hey, thats life! Life isnt always nice!

The may not be the best loking girls in the world, but who cares! As long as what they write is interesting who cares!

If ozistyle and kat were offended Im sure they would have written something in regards to that

Anonymous said...

I actually think the saga is boring. I like reading the comments from the othr poeple. I like hearing about your lives, even thought I dont know any of you. Its human nature to want to know about other peoples lives. So dont shut it down

Anonymous said...

Just because the badsgag is going to end doesnt mean the site should. The badsags doesnt make the site. All of the other people do. End the badsaga, keep the site

Anonymous said...

the badsaga MAKES this site, but i dont think it should be shut down when its over

Anonymous said...

BAD whatever u decide to do will probably be best, seeing as how u will probably not post as well (no offense) if ur not realyl into it