26

Welcome to my new season. My 9th. Wow, we're getting old, hey? Been awhile since I've written anything here. Let's go over some updates, tell some stories, and break some hearts.

Today I am 26 years old. I'd go into detail about how that feels but no one would want to read it. It feels like getting older. But I've definately had one of the youngest years of my life this year.

The break was awesome and filled with all sorts of shenannigans. I was at Tiesto, which was the high point of my summer and the party of my life. I spent a week in Carstairs one night for a birthday party (some fucking redneck local I didn't know, drunk off his ass, used a urinal when we we're in the bathroom and came up to shake my hand and promptly received a "fuck off" for his efforts). I went up to Sylvan for a weekend. I just about killed myself in an arcade with Phaedra (where the poster pic for "All In" was taken). I continued to work out a ton. I played in some ball tournaments and went out and partied a LOT. At some point I may or may not post photos from some of these events but likely my laziness will win out.

I've become quite the team player this year, actually. In addition to baseball I've been subbing on a friend's ultimate frisbee team. Since ball is over, Mizzle wanted to go for floor hockey. Baseball was kinda serious and I wanted something kinda silly. So Mizzle went and made himself a floor hockey team and I took some other friends and a guy from baseball and some people from work and created a dodge ball team. I haven't played since high school and it sounded like fun, and I was surprised to learn it's their most popular league! Who'da thunk. Our team name is "Murder City Machineguns" and you can expect big things. A friend is working on a badical logo, I'll put it up for opinions:

I worked a lot at my new job which is awesome, I've been promoted twice already. It's nice to know I can succeed and do well somewhere else, as I'll admit that prospect scared me a bit after fearing that after almost a decade I was really only wired to handle the one set of politics. And I ordered a new 2008 Avenger which will be here within a couple months It's currently being shipped via a couple sherpa's on a paddleboat from upper Mongolia, but at least it's coming.

It's funny that I still hear opinions about me from some lifers as word gets back to the old place of employment through my friends about how I'm doing at CFC. What kills me was I remember hearing about one hag in there TRASHING me, saying I'm sloppy, not good, etc, etc. Which is fine, everyone's entitled to their opinion. However, this is the SAME whore who had previously told me she had nominated me for a cost saving award when I still worked there back in the day. Pick a side and roll with it, you hookers.

Bad enough people who worked for me for 2 weeks or took 1 one-day course I was training there find me on Crackbook. Send me messages, and have no clue where I am or what I've been doing for years? "Hey, I know you quit, but why? And when? And where are you now?" Yeah, it's real hard to figure out I quit. Muppets.

I hope everyone enjoyed "All In". It was a lot of fun to write and the new character of Ekobruzzi seems to fit in well. There's one more series to go, and it will be 10 installments, broken up into 2 parts. I decided I couldn't do everything I wanted to do in just 5... to really close this thing out and tie up everything that needs to tie up, I need 10. Writing it will be a lot of fun. I've got all the bare bones in place, and it's gonna be awesome.

By the way, I'm putting the site on permanent hiatus at the site at the end of December after the B.@.Dsaga finishes. To those of you who complain, thank you, but I think even you know it's time to wind this thing down. It's been a ton of fun but there's basically 2 of us left writing, and I'm losing my passion for it. Time to end it on a high note. So this, the 9th season, will be the last one.

Your wisdom for the day: to anyone who thinks that taking a risk was a dumb idea just because it didn't pay off, I submit to you that you would have never had this knowledge and you would have always wondered if you had never tried. I just recently gave a girl a second chance when it wasn't an easy decision. Turned out that she was not a keeper. Oh well, F it. You never know if you don't try, and I'm glad I did. Regrets are for posers.

Work gave me a day off today for my birthday. I was able to sleep in, go to the gym, do some iPod stuff, pick up the pretty girl I'm currently seeing for some lunch (the ones who actually read books are hard to find). I was even able to write you delightful little trolls something. At 3:30 I'm going out to Red Deer to get Audrey and bring her in the city for some food and then my birthday party tonight, which I am ultra-mega-super stoked for. All my closest freinds are together which is rare because my friends are very spread out and not many know each other. I am excited. From THAT I can guarantee pictures.

'Til then, I'mma go play Street Fighter 2 Turbo that I just downloaded to my Wii. There's never a bad time to throw fireballs!

Hadooooooooouuuuuuken!!!
Birthday Boy B.@.D

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BADD!!!!!

Anonymous said...

that logo is badass. who designed that? one of your friends?

Anonymous said...

happy birthday bad, thanks for the years of entertainment. you rock.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday B.@.D!

Anonymous said...

sweet logo!!!
happy birthday

Anonymous said...

happy bday BAD!

Anonymous said...

happy belated blair, friday was a blast

Anonymous said...

GP BAD!!!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday BAD, god bless you too!!

Anonymous said...

GP BAD!!!!

Anonymous said...

GP!!! welcome back. im sad to hear about the site ending but i think ur riht and at least we have one more season to look forward to

Anonymous said...

GP!

Anonymous said...

GP BAD!!! happy birthday, and GREAT GREAT story posts. i cant wait to see what happens!

Anonymous said...

boo for the site shutting down... for a few months out of the year anyways when bad posts its still a great time

Anonymous said...

GP BAD! hope ur party was fun

Anonymous said...

I got booted off the blog for reasons b.a.d and I decided not to discuss in public, but he still shows me his brotherly love. Even when I call a shot long before it happens he still takes the time to listen. And I still take the time to let nature run it's course.

Sorry I wasn't able to write more but you gotta understand. Life is not something you can pass up, so live it while it's there.

Contract talks were to heated with our new sponsors so it was best to leave b.a.d with the fortune he created.

Glad I was a part of it, and would like to thank you all for reading. I hope you had as much fun as I did writing them.

From the Afterlife
Mizzle

B-Rush said...

I must also follow suite with Mizzle here, and say Thanks.


I haven't been around nearly as long as Miz or B@D, or anyone really, but this was definately fun while it lasted.

I think B@D's doin the right thing here - it's better to go out while you're still on top [IE: Sopprano's] vs. stay on for 4 seasons to long [IE: The X-Files].

B@D's a Saint for keeping this up and entertaining us all as long as he has - as he put it, "losing the passion". I can already tell you all that while I enjoyed being a part of this, I couldn't do it for 9 seasons.

Not sure how much I'll post in this last season, but I'll try and get a few in there - Maybe the October Concert Gods will inspire me (Ozzy/Zombie Oct 22 - Zombie Oct 23 WOO).

Until then
B-Rush

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

are bad and miz still friends?

Anonymous said...

nicely put you guys

mizzle i think u have to post once this last season...... explain the BAD thing.....

Anonymous said...

I feel the need to point out that Mizzle took HIMSELF off the blog after I banned him from tweaking the sidebar because he kept F'ing up the HTML... and there have been several invites sent to his inbox to re-join... but they go unanswered.

HOWEVER... the man is my brother. And I'd like to thank him and B-Rush for the kind words. I'll miss it too but it is definatley for the best. I'd like to thank everyone else too.

Also, I think basically the strongest thing left that this site has is B.@.Dsaga. That seems to be what most people are into, judging by comment-wise anyways. So I think that ending it with that will be the right decision and I hope you'll all see it off that way.

Anonymous said...

love the logo BAD. well said.

Anonymous said...

this wont end. its a trick.

Anonymous said...

Let see... nope can't find any invites. Just a "stay out for life" letter. Ah well. I'm too real for certain people anyway. You know who you are.

But yeah B.a.D and I are still friends. We just don't co-exist on this blog anymore. Not since he booted me off.

Mizzle